Yep, definitely new to this whole tagging thing, but since Mel is the wisest person I know, I always try to do what she tells me. ;) Plus, since I have no homework this weekend (yay!!!) I actually have time to post! So here goes:
3 Joys
1. Snuggling with Mike. This is by far the best part of the day and it never seems to last quite long enough. We're trying to pack away extra snuggling hours now since we know once third year starts we'll probably never be sleeping at the same time again!
2. Dogs. I never quite realized how hard living for seven whole years without a dog of my own would be! Wish I could get one now... but probably not until after residency is over. :(
3. Christmastime. Since I've lived so far away from my family and Utah friends for such a long time now, this is pretty much the only part of the year when I get to come home and visit them! I'm especially looking forward to it this year as I'll get to meet (finally!) Mel's adorable baby boy.
3 Fears
1. Spiders. This is how extensive my arachnophobia is: I once saw a poster in Oxford advertising a new study to test a pharmacological treatment for arachnophobia. The lab group was trying to recruit volunteers who were afraid of spiders to see if the treatment was effective. My thought process went something like this: "Hmm, I'm afraid of spiders, maybe I should sign up for this study? Wait - no - if I sign up for the study, how will they test at the end of the trial to see if the treatment is working? They'll have to expose me to spiders! No way am I volunteering!" Enough said.
2. Mike getting shipped off to fight some war in some horribly dangerous place. This should really be #1. And yes, in terms of big life fears, this is definitely at the top, but since Mike is pretty much off-limits to the Army until he's done with his residency, and since this fear can't crawl over my face in the dark while I'm sleeping (I'm getting shivers just typing this sentence out!) this isn't on my current list of keeps-me-awake-at-night fears and hence has been demoted to #2.
3. Anatomy lab. This is also currently on my keeps-me-awake-at-night fears. We meet our cadavers on Tuesday. If it goes ok, you probably won't know since I'll be so busy doing work again that I'll have no time to actually tell you about it, but if it goes badly and I get kicked out of med school for not being able to stay conscious through the dissection, then I'll have plenty of time to blog and you can all read all about it. Stay tuned.
3 Irritations
1. People screwing up the use of "its" vs. "it's" and pretty much every other common punctuation error. I admit it, I'm a total grammar and punctuation stickler. So if you ever find any of those mistakes in my posts, you had better alert me so I don't accidentally contribute to the already horrendous state of grammar and punctuation usage in the world!
2. Boston drivers. You know Boston drivers must be especially obnoxious if they manage to irritate people who don't even own a car! That would be us. We have no car and we walk to school together every morning and the only thing that spoils our beautiful autumn stroll is the crazy, impatient, honk-a-holic drivers who think that laying on the horn is somehow going to make traffic move faster. There needs to be a law against this.
3. Not being able to think of a third thing that irritates me. This was Mike's idea since I asked him to help me come up with a third thing, and after he listed off punctuation and noisy honkers and I informed him that I had already listed those two (he knows me well doesn't he?), we couldn't come up with anything else. I guess that's a good sign that life's pretty great!
3 Facts
1. I've never had a mosquito bite. It's true! I mean, the little suckers occasionally bite me but I never get those swelling, scratchy sores that everyone hates. Mike is quite envious of this unique trait of mine because he gets awful mosquito bites.
2. I'm a vegetarian. So is Mike - thankfully, since this makes cooking dinner a lot easier! - though he's a little less fanatical about it than I am. Since I'm having to dress up a lot more these days to meet patients and stuff, this is creating a bit of a problem as I really don't ever want to have to buy leather (as in dress shoes) ever again. Any suggestions?
3. My husband was born in Saudi Arabia. Mike says this shouldn't count since it's not really an interesting fact about me, but I don't really care. I ran out of interesting facts about me so this is all I've got.
As I understand it, I'm now supposed to tag other people to do this list. But since I'm enjoying having no homework this weekend, I think I'll let the rest of you off the hook as well. ;)
GOP Headed South
17 years ago
1 comment:
Oh man, spiders get me too. I actually woke up to one crawling across my face once. Worst. Day. Ever.
Post a Comment