Well, we just finished a crazy six weeks of physiology. It was without a doubt the most difficult course we've ever taken, but despite the exhaustion we endured, the course was fantastic. I won't speak for Mike but I feel like I learned more about medicine in these past six weeks than I had in the previous 26 years.
After surviving (we hope!) our final on Friday, Spring Break was upon us! And since it was pretty much our last one ever, we decided to splurge and make it special. So on Saturday, it was off to Bermuda! We had an awesome time in the four days we spent there. The first day we headed out to Horseshoe Bay where we encountered - I kid you not - pink sand. It doesn't get much better than that. The weather was gorgeous and the water was as blue as any I've ever seen. Despite the inevitable sunburn, we had a fantastic time. We wandered around Hamilton for an hour or so, found a little pub by the bay and managed to enjoy our dinner despite the shockingly crude British tourists sitting behind us, and then spent the next few days relaxing. We read books, we napped, we slept in - it was absolute bliss. On our penultimate day we wandered over to the caves that dot the eastern end of the island and took a rather overpriced but still very interesting tour. We had a lovely dinner at The Swizzle, Bermuda's oldest and most famous pub, and then flew out the next morning. Now we're rested up and ready to tackle immunology...
No comments:
Post a Comment